16 days ago
Looking for a financial whizz who wants to help a small charity grow in its support of women, childern and LGBT communituies who have been affected by HIV and AIDS in India by becoming a Treasurer Trustee.
Snehalaya UK is a small charity that helps the larger Indian charity in acheiving it's mission of providing rescue, rights and rehabilitaitons services to communities in most need. To offer a safe exit point to women and thier childern trapped in the crippling cycle of proverty and abuse. For more information about what we do see www.snehalaya.org
Based in the UK with the majority of trustees being based in Leicester, the charity provides much needed support to the Indian counterpart in raising awarness and funds to continue the amazing work in India.
With a team of 9 memebers, we are a passionate and committed team who are in need of a like-minded treasurer to steer us in our ambitious growth plans.
As Treasurer Trustee your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the financial good health of the charity, ensuring it is maintained and make recommendations to ensure its strength in the future.
- Prepare quarterly financial management information financial statements and share with the board of trustees.
- Advise on the financial implications of strategic plans of the organisation.
- Liaise with the other trustees to ensure all financial inputting into the accounting system is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting policies, procedures and control are in place and that the charity is compliant with legislation.
- Oversee the timely submission of the necessary documentation to the accountants for the preparation of the statutory accounts.
In addition as a Trustee you will be expected to:
- Attend quarterly board meetings, usually held on weekends but via Skype.
- Input into the overall strategic direction of the charity.
- Take part in social and fundraising events when possible.
To be our Treasurer Trustee you will need:
- Accounting or financial experience.
- The ability to communicate financial information in clear language to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- To quickly build an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- A positive mind-set with a shared passion and commitment to help us in our cause.