about 2 months ago
Age UK Herne Bay and Whitstable
Honorary Treasurer/ Trustee
Would you like an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of older people by supporting the financial management, overall governance, development, and strategy of a forward thinking local charity?
Age UK Herne Bay & Whitstable is an independent charity with its own constitution and funding administered by locally appointed Trustees. We are a pro-active, local charity dedicated to meeting the needs of older people within the communities of Herne Bay and Whitstable.
We are seeking an Honorary Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees. In addition to fulfilling the duties, obligations and responsibilities of a trustee, the Honorary Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the Charity and report to the Trustee board at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation.
The role of the Treasurer is vital to our organisation and the main responsibilities are:
- To advise and inform the Trustees with regard to their responsibilities for the finances of the charity
- To have a leading role in monitoring the financial performance of the charity
- To work with the Chief Officer to provide the most efficient and effective management of the charity's financial resources.
- To oversee the work of the Finance Officer and work closely with the Senior Management Team
We would love to hear from you if you have knowledge of:
- financial accounting and reporting procedures
- strategic financial planning skills and
- an ability to communicate financial information to those who may have little or no financial background.
If you are interested in applying for this part-time, voluntary opportunity we would invite you to send an “Expression of Interest” outlining the skills and experience you could bring as well as your motivation to become involved.
Please forward requests for a full role description, enquiries and expressions of interest to:
The Deputy Chief Officer: Linda Cowdry
or Telephone on: 01227 749570