Honorary Treasurer, Safer Living Foundation
|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer, Safer Living Foundation|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2021 14:23|
Safer Living Foundation is focused on reducing sexual offending and re-offending through rehabilitative and preventative initiatives. We are currently seeking a new Treasurer to join our board. As Trustee you will be involved in the governance of the charity, setting the strategic direction as well as supporting the Chief Officer. The treasurer also helps trustees carry out their financial responsibilities. They do this by:
- Presenting financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position.
- Advising the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities.
- Liaising with professional advisors.
- Overseeing the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts.
What are we looking for
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Competent use of IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
What difference will you make?
You will play a fundamental role in ensuring we meet our charitable objectives of promoting the protection of people from, and the prevention of, sexual crime and promoting the rehabilitation of persons who have committed or who are likely to commit sexual offences against others. You will be joining a passionate and dedicated team as we move into a more strategic future.