Honorary Treasurer for Wiltshire Rural Music (voluntary)
|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer for Wiltshire Rural Music (voluntary)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Gavin Osborn|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2019 10:44|
Wiltshire Rural Music (WRM) is a music charity that has been encouraging people in Wiltshire to discover, explore and engage with music-making for over 80 years. We are based at our creative hub in Trowbridge where we host a range of exciting musical activities suitable for all ages and abilities. We also support rural communities enabling them to make music together through our outreach programmes.
We are looking for someone to :
• Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
• Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place
• Monitor and report on the financial health of the charity
• Oversee the production of necessary financial reports, accounts and audits.
• Liaise with relevant staff, board members to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
• Regularly report the financial position at board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising
• Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the
previous financial year.
• Sit as part of the panel on sub committees (ie. bursaries) as required.
• Appraise the financial viability of plans and projects
• Lead on appointing and liaising with auditor.
As a trustee of WRM, you will also have specific general responsibility for ensuring it is solvent and that it acts within corporate and charity law. Board members are entrusted to look after the resources of WRM and ensure
that these are used effectively for the overall purpose of the organisation. Board members are accountable for their decisions and actions to our members, staff, the public, and funders.
We are looking for a trustee who has:
• Experience or knowledge of accounting, book keeping and/or good numeracy skills
• The ability to collect and present information clearly and logically
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to be part of a team
• Confidence using IT systems
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• Understanding and knowledge of good governance
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort over a minimum commitment of 3 years
For more information on the charity please view our website www.wiltshireruralmusic.co.uk or for an informal discussion call Alan MacRae (WRM Chairman) on 07854 469981.
How to apply:
Please send us a CV and a one page letter explaining why you would like to join our charity to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's