Honorary Treasurer for Self Management Uk Charity
|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer for Self Management Uk Charity|
|Contact Name:||Grace Smith|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 13:50|
Self Management UK supports people experiencing one or more long-term health condition and is one of the leading providers of self-management structured education support nationally. Now in our 16th year we have provided self-management support to more than 150,000 people, helping to remove the barriers and challenges having a long-term condition can present. In fact, last year our small team of staff and incredible team of volunteers delivered 176 courses to more than 2500 people through 900 individual course workshops totalling more than 2700 of support.
Our size does not reflect our ability, impact or ambition and having just completed a period of significant transformation, we are looking to recruit an Honorary Treasurer.
Your time commitment will normally include five Board meetings annually, together with some involvement in committees, plus possibly representing us at occasional events. The majority of meetings are held in our London office with the occasional travel in England.
You will serve an initial term of three years to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. This is a voluntary position and so not remunerated, although travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring the financial management of the charity and reporting to the board of trustees at regular intervals on its state of financial health, in line with best practice, and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements
- Leading on the board’s duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled, invested and economically spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Leading on the development and implementation of reserves, cost‐management and financial and investment policies
- Liaising with the appropriate member(s) of staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan.
If you are a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification (ACA/CIMA) and are interested in supporting us then for more information contact Ian Silver, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 07500 039713.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's