Honorary Treasurer. Devon
|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer. Devon|
|Contact Name:||CPRE Devon|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 23:58|
CPRE Devon is an environmental charity of a team of volunteers working hard to protect Devon's countryside and green spaces from inappropriate development. We are now seeking an HONORARY TREASURER to replace Hedley Hunter who has just completed the six years in post allowed him by the Charity’s constitution.
CPRE Devon CIO is a long established registered charity which has recently converted to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation status.
The Treasurer’s job description includes;
- Management of the charity’s cash resources
- Banking receipts and paying suppliers’ accounts
- Recording all financial transactions using Paxton’s Charity accounting software
- Managing the accounting treatment of restricted and unrestricted funds
- Preparing receipts and payments accounts and reporting to the trustees on the up to date financial position during the year
- Preparing year-end financial statements and ensuring these receive a clean report from the Independent Examiner
- Presenting the accounts to the Annual General Meeting - Submitting the accounts to the Charity Commission
- Preparing the annual report to the Charity Commission
The treasurer will be a trustee of the Charity and, as such, will be invited to participate in the trustees’ meetings throughout the year. These meetings will enable the treasurer to obtain an intimate knowledge and understanding of the workings of the Charity.
This position is ideal for a retired person with a desire to help protect our countryside and who will have a basic understanding of accounting and be familiar with computerised accounting systems and electronic banking. He or she will be computer literate and be able to handle a wide range of matters by email.
For further information about this important role, please contact us on 01392 966737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's