Honorary Treasurer (Board of Trustees)
|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer (Board of Trustees)|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Chris Bath (Chief Executive)|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2021 14:52|
Help us build a fairer justice system for children and mentally vulnerable adults.
We are seeking a new Honorary Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees.
We have been working for 25 years to ensure children and mentally vulnerable adults are treated fairly in criminal and terrorism investigations.
Children, and people with mental illness, learning disability, autism and other needs, are disadvantaged by significant barriers. This can lead to failed prosecutions and miscarriages of justice. Appropriate adults (AAs) provide support in police custody and voluntary interviews to ensure vulnerable suspects are participating effectively, treated fairly, and able to exercise their rights.
NAAN is the national centre of expertise on the AA role, providing leadership and support for local AA schemes. It is a national charity with a membership of over 90 organisations. We offer a community of practice, provide public information and inform policy. We develop standards; provide advice, training and qualifications; conduct and support research; advise commissioners; and represent the sector at a strategic level. NAAN is a small but well established and respected charity, with plans to grow through both grant and earned income.
We are recruiting a new Honorary Treasurer to:
- Provide strategic and tactical finance and accounting advice to the Board and CEO
- Take an active role, working with staff on quarterly finance reports and statutory accounts
- Help us deliver our new strategy, as we focus on increasing impact and sustainability through fundraising and income from advice, events, training and qualifications.
We would very much like to speak to chartered accountants who:
- Are seeking to share in the leadership of a small, national, high-impact charity
- Have, or are seeking to develop, experience in a non-executive role
- Are willing to devote around an hour a month (on average, with quarterly and annual focus)
- Care about children, mental vulnerability, and the integrity of the justice system.
We are committed to equality and increasing our diversity. The role is open to all who meet the essential criteria. We actively encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented in our organisation and leadership positions in the charity sector, including but not limited to women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and those with lived experience.
For a full information pack, please:
- Click Apply below; or
- Visit https://www.appropriateadult.org.uk/about-us/our-people/join-our-team/honorary-treasurer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's