TWC ICAEW 012019
about 1 month ago
The Women's Council
The Women's Council is a UK registered charity (No. 266145), an organisation which had its beginnings in 1931, co-operating with women of Asia, Asia Pacific and The Middle East in aiding disabled children and their families.
ROLE OF HONORARY TREASURER / TRUSTEE FOR
THE WOMEN'S COUNCIL
SUMMARY OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be appointed as a Trustee of the charity, registered with the Charities Commission; to assume responsibility with other Trustees for policy decisions and ensure proper conduct of the charity in accordance with its Constitution and the Charities Commission guidance
- Attend TWC Trustee and Committee meetings, general held in central London
- Responsible for managing income and expenditure for all bank account and investment funds; acting as an authorised signatory and the nominated individual for all correspondence requirements.
- Contribute to Trustees’ discussion re policy and management of the Council’s annual events/fundraising programme and particularly the Overseas Charitable Programme; advising on financial aspects thereof, prepare budgets and monitor proper use thereof including grant funding to partner Agencies overseas.
- Responsible for preparation of annual budgets for Trustees approval and management of any foreign remittance of TWC funds for support provided by the charity, as agreed by policy/budgets.
- Maintain Income & Expenditure records (I&E) and prepare periodic management accounts for reporting to the Board of Trustees
- Responsible for liaison as required with HMRC and maintenance of Gift Aid records and management of Gift Aid claims
- Responsible for arranging the annual audit of I&E records by an Independent Examiner FCA, nominated by TWC Trustees.
- Reporting as a Trustee on the annual financial performance of TWC at the AGM.
- Close liaison as required with other Trustees and Committee members, in brief
- Providing regular advise on financial performance and other related matters
- Event Organisers re: bank receipts for bookings
- Membership Secretary re: annual membership subscription income
- Hon. Training Advisor/Overseas Partners re Courses supported from TWC funding
- Liaison with Hon. Financial Advisor with reference to investments and management of reserve funds