|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Paul Shaw|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2021 15:29|
Citizens Advice Service in Three Rivers (CASTR) is a small charity that provides informatioin and advice to help people resolve their problems, including benefits, debt, employment, housing and so on. We provide free and independent advice to help people solve the problems they face, and improve the policies and practices that affect peoples' lives.
CASTR is a member of the national Citizens Advice charity which means we have access to the services, resources and support provided by Citrizens Advice but as an independent charity, we're responsible for running our own affairs within agreed standards. We have over 100 staff and volunteers and an annual income in excess of £500,000.
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees to help guide and advise us on the financial health of our organisation. Responsibilities include presentation of the management accounts at board meetings, and advising on the corrective action that may be required when difficulties arise. (The Treasurer is not a book-keeper or accountant but must have a good understanding of financial control and collective board resonsibility).
You'll need to:
- be availailable to attend at least four evening board meetings each year in addition to attending our AGM to present the annual statutory accounts
- be available to occasionally meet with the Chief Officer of the charity at a mutual convenient time
- have a willingness to work as a team
- actively participate in discussions that relate to the running of the organisation
- act in the interests of CASTR and that of its staff and clients
- have good independent judgement and knowledge and experience of finance to help lead CASTR and ensure that we comply with our statutory duties.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community to enable us to have a diverse trustee board that reflects our clients and communities.
An understanding of charity finance and pensions would be useful but is not essential. You do not need experience of working or volunteering with Citizens Advice service. We are looking for people with a wide variety of skills and a diversity of background and experiences.
The post of trustee is a voluntary one but all resonable expenses are reimbursed. The role provides you a great deal of experience and satisfaction, the opportunity to develop your skills and utilise your expertise and knowledge.
For more information or an informal discussion about this role of Treasurer, please contact our Chief Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and to apply please send a copy of your CV to the same email address.