|Job Title:||honorary treasurer|
|Reference:||REF: Alexandria Trust treasurer|
|Contact Name:||Frances Guy|
|Job Published:||January 08, 2021 18:25|
The Alexandria Trust is looking for an Honorary Treasurer to join its Board of Trustees to help the Board fulfil its financial oversight functions.
The vision of the Alexandria Trust is for an Arab region once again home to world class standards of education, recapturing the ancient traditions of Alexandria as a centre of learning, where teachers and students engage in vibrant debate and first-rate tuition and scholarship. It works across the Arab education sector by identifying and incubating strong projects capable of reaching sustainability within five years and of having a lasting impact on education reform and development in the region. It’s current main project is Al Fanar media https://www.al-fanarmedia.org/ an online news publication covering education, research and culture in the Arab region in English and Arabic.
The Honorary Treasurer would be expected to help the Board of Trustees carry out its financial oversight role by:
- Overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation and ensuring that they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of systems, policies and procedures appropriate to a small charity to ensure effective and efficient financial management and control.
- Overseeing development of the Trust’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Ensuring that proper records are kept.
- Overseeing the preparation of the Trust's financial and management accounts to ensure that they are presented accurately and on time.
- Ensuring the developing and implementation of an audit programme to ensure that the Trust complies with financial procedures and regulations and that statutory returns are submitted.
- Monitoring and reporting on the financial health of the organisation.
- Carrying out all other necessary actions to ensure that the Trust meets its financial and legal obligations.
- Contributing to discussions of the Board of Trustees on strategy and planning.
The Board of Trustees meets approximately once a quarter and budgets are presented to the Board at the beginning of the year as well as in the event of any substantial change. There may be some initial time commitment to ensure existing processes are in order, thereafter the time commitment should not be more than a few hours a month.