|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Penelope James|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2020 12:04|
VOLUNTEER POSITION – HONORARY TREASURER
South Kent Mind, the mental health charity, aims to ensure that anyone living in south Kent (Deal, Dover, Folkestone, Hythe, Romney Marsh and surrounding villages) with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support.
Job Description: Honorary Treasurer
Role: to ensure that all monies provided are accounted for and used for the provision of services within the agreed objectives of South Kent Mind. This watchdog role covers all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the Board of Trustees, Chief Executive Officer and Finance Officer to safeguard the organisation's finances.
Responsibility: the Honorary Treasurer is required to act as a responsible trustee with additional responsibility for general financial oversight by providing the following:
- Ensuring that financial information is presented to trustees to allow informed decisions to be made.
- Providing viewpoints which are independent/detached from the day to day activity of the organisation. These should be balanced between funding opportunities, motivating stakeholders and safeguarding the long term viability of the organisation.
- To chair the Finance Committee and take part in decision making where it is not practical to involve all trustees.
- Ensuring that proper financial controls and procedures are maintained at all times and to act on concerns raised by the annual audit.
- Presenting monthly accounts, annual report.
- Presenting formal financial statement and report of key points to the annual general meeting. Answering any related questions in an understandable way.
- Developing financial related policies and translating them to ongoing activities.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all monies owed are paid in accordance with agreed contracts and where possible monies are collected in a timely manner. That all contracts are entered into on an ethical and moral basis.
- Where required, providing interpretation of official returns and relating them to the organisation’s books.
- Making available financial knowledge/experience to the organisation and answering ad hoc queries as they arise.
- Working with the Finance Officer to ensure they have the correct tools and guidance to complete the daily financial activities, budget forecast comparisons and annual books to auditable standards.
It is important to note that, although the Honorary Treasurer ensures that these responsibilities are met, much of the work may be delegated to a finance sub-committee and paid staff.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's