about 2 months ago
inVOLve Community Services
Treasurer for Dingley’s Promise: local charity, national impact
We are a local Berkshire charity, first established in 1984 as Dingley Family and Play Therapy Group, since when we have steadily grown and reviewed our support for early-years children and their families. In 2011 we were awarded the Queens Award for Voluntary Service and in 2016, adopted the Dingley’s Promise name. We are poised to increase the geographical scope of our operation as well as continue the highly-rated work we do to support those who need us most.
Dingley’s Promise wants children with special educational needs and disabilities to thrive. We deliver life-changing support to under-5s with additional needs and disabilities and their families, by providing specialist sessions, family support and training. We ensure that our services integrate with other professional services to give the best start for every child and we provide advice and training to those other services where needed.
So, do you have the skills and enthusiasm to become our voluntary Treasurer?
- Take an overview of the financial affairs of the organisation
- Help set the budget, monitor and report on its financial health
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audit
- Ensure effective financial procedures are in place and records are being kept
- Help other Trustees govern the organisation by shaping our strategic vision
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our organisation and our board
- Highlight opportunities & risks for our charity
Skills and abilities we need:
- Financial analysis
- Good communication and team-working
- Finance practice relevant to voluntary & community charities or SMEs
- Business development ideas
- Accounting or finance qualification are welcome but not a prerequisite
- Understanding and collective management of an organisation
Find out more:
This appointment is being managed for us by inVOLve Community Services, a charity-support organisation.
Information for prospective Trustees, including a full Role Description and Person Specification can be obtained from email@example.com where you can arrange to have a no-obligation informal discussion.