|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer|
|Salary:||Voluntary Unpaid Position|
|Contact Name:||Mary Beaumont|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2019 14:27|
The Greenbank Project is a registered charity, situated alongside the picturesque Sefton Park in Liverpool. It provides a variety of educational, sporting and leisure activities for people from within and around the Liverpool City Region. We understand the difficulties and prejudices that people living with a disability face and we work hard to support them by providing a variety of opportunities that otherwise would not be available, in education, sport and recreation. It is exciting times for Greenbank as we are currently developing our stratgy to take us through the next five years. Our vision is to transform lives through challenging perceptions an inspiring self-belief.
In a challenging political and economic landscape, and in the face of increasingly complex social issues, the successful candidate would be supporting The Greenbank Project with its continued development by using their time and talent in the pursuit of social change.
Please note: This is a voluntary unpaid position.
THE OVERALL ROLE
· To monitor the financial administration of the charity and report to the board of trustees at regular intervals on its state of financial health, in line with best practice, and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements to provide the board with the confidence and knowledge to better make strategic decisions.
The main responsibilities and duties of the Honorary Treasurer include:
· Overseeing and presenting budgets, internal management accounts and annual financial statements to the board of trustees;
· Leading in the board’s duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept , financial resources are properly controlled, invested and economically spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements;
· Leading in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost-management and investment policies;
· Liaising where applicable with the appropriate member of staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation;
· Chairing any finance committee in line with standing orders and terms of reference, and reporting to the board of trustees;
· Overseeing the implementation of and monitoring specific financial controls and adherence to systems
· Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan;
· Overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process;
· Acting as a counter signatory on the charity cheques and important applications to funders; and
· Board-level liaison with the independent examiner or external auditors on specific issues such as the Auditors’ Management Letter and the related board representations.
Critical Areas of Involvement for the Treasurer:
Budgeting and strategic financial planning
The Treasurer must ensure that all strategic plans are fully financially appraised and that the budget is in line with the plan’s short-term objectives as set for each year.
Trustees have a duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, assets are safeguarded and resources are properly applied in accordance with the objects of the charity. The Treasurer should ensure that management accounts are prepared on a regular basis and that there is a target timescale for their production. The Treasurer should also agree with the trustees the type of financial reporting they require and the extent of it. This needs to be done in coordination with the charity’s Finance Lead working through the CEO.
Statutory Financial Reporting
The Treasurer’s task here is to guide and advise fellow trustees in the board’s formal approval of the annual report and audited accounts. Therefore it is important the Treasurer is fully aware of their content, regardless of any involvement in there preparation.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's