19 days ago
RLSS UK is the Drowning Prevention Charity and the UK’s leading provider of water safety and drowning prevention education. We are looking for a strategic thinker with a track record in financial leadership to join us.
In addition to the general duties of a trustee, the treasurer has responsibilities to maintain an overview of RLSS-UK’s financial activities, ensuring with the Chief Executive Officer and Finance Director that they remain sustainable and that we use our resources effectively to achieve the organisation’s aims. They also need to ensure that RLSS UK maintains the highest level of financial governance and reporting.
- At least 10-years post-qualification membership of an IFAC internationally recognised professional accountancy body
- Experience as a senior Director (FD/CFO) or at least a second tier (Deputy FD, Head of Finance) in an organisation with a turnover of at least £10million/pa
- Ideally had experience as a trustee of a charity/non-profit organisation
- Commercial experience
- A commitment to the mission of RLSS UK and a willingness to meet the minimum time requirement
- Integrity and ethical stance
- Strategic vision good and independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to take decisions for the good of RLSS UK
- To be familiar with or to undertake to understand the various Charity Commission guidance on financial matters.
- To be familiar with or to undertake learning around the Charity SORP
- Experience of directing investment funds and investment policies
Trustees are expected to attend all board meetings (between 4 and 6 per year). We estimate that one and half days per month is required for the role.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter via Reach Volunteering describing your suitability for the role and any potential conflicts of interest.
Deadline: 03 Sep 2019