|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Casey Strine|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2019 13:45|
The Palestine Exploration Fund (PEF) was founded under the royal patronage of Queen Victoria in 1865 to promote research into the archaeology and history, manners and customs and culture, topography, geology and natural sciences of the Levant (Israel, Palestine, and parts of Jordan, Syria, and the Sinai). The PEF is a non-political, non-religious, and non-profit organization that promotes the increase of knowledge about the Levant and the dissemination of that knowledge among a broad public audience.
The PEF now seeks to appoint a new Honorary Treasurer to its Board of Trustees for a 5-year term.
Honorary Treasurer is a key role within the organisation that includes the following roles and responsibilities:
- To accept the responsibilities of a trustee of a UK-based charity.
- To attend the meetings of the Board of Trustees of the PEF. Such meetings are scheduled four times a year (Thursdays in March, June, September, and December) plus additional meetings very occasionally.
- To attend the Annual General Meeting of the PEF members (coinciding with the June Board meeting) and present the annual financial report (in writing, and also verbally if time allows).
- To work with the PEF administrator to draft:
- The financial report for the Annual General Meeting, a document that includes the annual report of the auditors.
- Brief financial updates in advance of each PEF Trustees’ meetings.
- A budget for the forthcoming financial year (to be submitted in time for the December meeting of the Trustees).
- To keep in touch with the PEF administrator as required to assist with:
- Unforeseen matters during the year – such as a request to exceed the planned budget.
- Preparation of documents in advance of the auditors’ review, and be available very occasionally to answer and questions from the auditors.
- To engage with our investment advisors (currently Sarasin & Partners) to advise on the investment portfolio of the PEF.
The PEF is not a large organisation, and a measure of flexibility in the allocation of the tasks to be undertaken is required. The Treasurer however has a key role and is expected to engage with the Chair of the Board, the Honorary Secretary, other Trustees and staff of the PEF to ensure its financial stability and the successful completion of its mission. The greater part of such general discussions are conducted by email correspondence.
In accordance with regulations relating to Charity trustees, there is no salary attached to the role, although funds are available to cover reasonable expenses.
Expressions of interest in the role are welcome. Please send an brief cover letter and a CV to the Chair of the Board of Trustees, Rev. Dr Casey Strine, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, 29 April 2019. Suitable candidates will be contacted after the closing date for a further discussion about the role.
Any questions about the role can also be directed to the Chair at email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's