|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Jenner|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2018 15:41|
Rett UK are the only charity who provides professional support to people living with Rett syndrome across the UK. We support families through a national helpline, including telephone and email support, co-ordinate Rett specialist clinics in conjunction with the NHS, organise support groups and have a dedicated parental contact network. We have a small staff team working on a national level. We receive NO government or lottery funding and rely entirely on donations and grants to fund our work.
Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees is made up of a mixture of family members and also those with no direct connection to Rett syndrome. The full Board usually meets 4 times per year, usually in London on a Saturday. Sub-committee meetings take place via Skype, usually on weeknight evenings. These include Management, Finance, Research and Policy & Procedures Committees. All of our Trustees are volunteers although out of pocket expenses are reimbursed in accordance with policy.
General Trustee responsibilities include: ensuring the charity operates within the Law and within its governing documents. To contribute actively to the strategic direction of the charity, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting organisational targets. Safeguarding the good name of the charity and ensuring financial stability. Rett UK is a company limited by guarantee and the Board of Trustees are also Directors of the Company.
Role of Honorary Treasurer
- Maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs
- Work with our book keeper and CEO to prepare budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Write and present the Treasurers Report to Trustees
- Chair the Finance Committee
- Monitor the charity’s Reserves
- Monitor the charity’s financial procedures and controls
- Work with our book-keeper and accountant to facilitate the independent examination of the charity’s accounts and implementation of any recommendations
- Present the Annual Accounts at the AGM
- Appropriate financial qualification and/or experience (Chartered status and knowledge of company and charity law desirable)
- Commitment to the charity
- Willingness to devote the required time and effort
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal responsibilities of being a charity trustee
- Strategic vision
- Good independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively and the willingness to speak their mind
- Skills to analyse proposals and their financial implications
- Good team player, respectful of others opinions and point of view.
For More Information
Have a look at our website: www.rettuk.org or give Becky a call on 01582 798910 or email email@example.com. Rett UK is a registered charity in England & Wales: 1137820, Scotland SCO47369 and a Company Limited by Guarantee: 07339522