|Job Title:||Honorary Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Pamela Johnson|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2018 14:45|
The Bach Choir’s Hon. Treasurer is the chief financial officer of the Choir. He/she:
- is responsible for the maintenance of the financial records of the Choir;
- is responsible for the production of budgets, forecasts and annual accounts;
- liaises with the Programme Planning Group on financial and budgetary matters;
- assists the General Manager in financial and contractual matters;
- attends Board and Working Group meetings;
- liaises with the General Manager, Secretary to the Board of Trustees and the Legal Affairs Secretary in relation to insurances for the Choir
- maintains employment records and operates the payroll, liaising with the Legal Affairs Secretary on employment and other contractual issues;
- acts as a member of the Choir's senior management team, providing and receiving formal and informal advice to the Musical Director, the Chair and the Vice-Chair;
- liaises with the Secretary to the Board of Trustees and the Legal Affairs Secretary, as appropriate, in relation to matters for which they are responsible;
- oversees the work of the Subscriptions Secretary, who deals with the day-to-day administration of Singing Members’ subscriptions, most of which are collected by direct debit, and with cases of financial hardship;
- liaises with the secretaries of the Associate Members and the Friends, who administer the collection of subscriptions from their respective members, as well as the Development Director.
The current Hon Treasurer undertakes all the bookkeeping, prepares the VAT returns and the trial balance. The books are kept on Sage. If we are able to recruit an Assistant Treasurer, these aspects of the Hon Treasurer’s role would be undertaken by that person.
The precise allocation of duties between the Hon. Treasurer and other volunteers can be varied by agreement between those involved.
Although previous Hon. Treasurers within living memory have been singing members of the Choir, this is not a requirement for the post. Attendance at all or most Monday rehearsals and most concerts and tours, however, is.
It is likely, but not a requirement, that the new Hon Treasurer will be a qualified accountant - the role could suit a recently retired person.