|Job Title:||Hon Treasurer|
|Salary:||Nil (volunteer role)|
|Contact Name:||Tim O'Brien|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2019 14:55|
ARTS 4 DEMENTIA HONORARY TREASURER
Arts 4 Dementia is a small charity. Incorporated under guarantee, with a turnover circa £150k and three staff. It seeks an Honorary Treasurer to:
- Oversee accounting and financial reporting, producing routine management accounts for the CEO and Board.
- Join the Board, chair the Finance sub-committee and guide the Board on financial matters, governance, risk management etc.
- Assist and advise the Chief Executive on strategy development, fund-raising and other matters where practicable.
Basic book keeping, using SAGE online, is undertaken by an administrator. The Treasurer will however prepare management accounts and knowledge of Sage is preferred for this, and to supervise the administrator.
- Minimum time commitment is expected to be around 3 days per month, spread over the month, which can largely be undertaken remotely.
- The Treasurer will be required to attend occasional meetings in the Kings Cross office, plus Board meetings 6-7 evenings a year.
In view of the time commitment the role may best suit a retired finance professional.
To find out more about the role, please contact Nigel Franklin, Chief Executive, for a brief chat on 0207 239 4954 and send your cv to nigel @arts4dementia.org.uk. Selected candidates will be asked to attend a meeting with Nigel and the Chairman Tim O’Brien.
About Arts 4 Dementia
A4D offers challenging arts programmes with arts organisations for people in the early stages of dementia. Its website provides a unique national mapped listing of arts workshops for people living with dementia enabling them to find local opportunities; and they train arts facilitators from around the country in early-stage dementia awareness. The 700-plus trained to date will deliver arts events to over 14,000 people with dementia and carers in 2019. A4D focuses on what people can achieve, often very much more than they imagine.
You can view a short video of our work here.
More about Arts 4 Dementia can be found at www.arts4dementia.org.uk
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's