2 months ago
Alzheimer's Research UK in Yorkshire and North East
The Alzheimer's Research UK Harrogate Fundraising Group are currently looking for a volunteer to fulfill the role of collection tin coordinator. Our Fundraising Groups act as local ambassadors in their areas, organising local events such as coffee mornings, race nights and collections, displaying posters in local businesses and encouraging clubs, community groups, schools and other individuals to support us.
Our Fundraising Groups are such important volunteers to us. They allow us to have a greater presence across the UK which we wouldn’t otherwise have. Groups raise funds and vital awareness amongst their local communities.
If you’ve got what it takes to become the collection tin coordinator for the Harrogate Fundraising Group, you’ll be involved in:
- Distribute ARUK collection tins to shops and businesses in your local area
- Identify and secure new venues for collection tins
- Maintain and service the collection tins every three months
- Support the fundraising group trasurer with counting and banking donations from the collecting tins
- Develop strong relationships with the site contacts
- Distribute and encourage site contacts to display posters advertising ARUK activities
- Represent the charity in a professional manner
No matter how busy your lifestyle, this role can will fit around your commitments. You can volunteer on your terms, as little or as much as you like.
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
- Good knowledge of the the local area
- Communication and influencing skills
- Numeracy and attention to detail
- Honesty and reliability
- A passion for the work of Alzheimer’s Research UK