5 days ago
North Kent College are looking to appoint two additional Governors to their highly effective Corporation Board, preferably those professionally qualified strategic leaders, who can add significant value in finance and/or audit, along with an understanding of further education and a passion for improving lives and opportunities within the college’s local communities.
North Kent College seeks to engage Governors with a passion for Education and a drive to build on our continued success for the benefit of learners, staff and the college’s local community. This should be underpinned with a track record of strong strategic leadership in finance, audit and accounting.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious Corporation Board and make a genuine impact on the future success of the College and its learners. You will support the development and influence the direction of North Kent College at a time of great momentum as we seek to secure the finances, grow the organisation and aspire to provide outstanding, meaningful education opportunities for learners across North Kent, West Kent and further afield.
The Corporation Board will review the College mission, consider strategic developments, systematically monitor college and management performance, review and monitor the implementation of a range of college policies, and ensure compliance with statutory requirements at all times. The Corporation is charged with developing an environment that enables the College to fulfill its mission, for the benefit of learners and the community.
- Involvement and contribution to meet the needs of everyone in the college communities,
- Abide by the Seven Principles of Public Life as laid down in the Nolan Principles – selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership,
- Adhere to a Code of Conduct,
- Each year of office, members will need to complete a Register of Interests form declaring any interest, financial or other, which might influence their judgement,
- Attendance of a minimum number of meetings per year (12/15 comprising a mixture of Board meetings and at least one Committee),
- Continuous assessment on performance and recommendations for improvement.
- A chance to develop skills in shaping strategic decisions.
- The opportunity to work with a team of Governors, staff and learners in achieving the goal of becoming an outstanding further and higher education provider.
- Training in the roles and responsibilities of college governance.
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to the College and the community.