Governor Vacancy - Finance
|Job Title:||Governor Vacancy - Finance|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2021 12:52|
The Beaconsfield School is vibrant, fun and innovative upper school for students aged between 11-18. We are committed to ensuring that our students have the best possible learning environment and are given opportunities to help discover their potential in a caring and supportive environment.
A rare chance has arisen to join our supportive and highly valued governing body. We are looking for a committed, highly skilled person to support our ongoing journey to excellence.
We are looking for a community governor to support and challenge the school through the next 3 to 5 years of our journey. We are a good school with lots of potential; the next steps for us involve broadening our skillset at governance level and creating a high-performing, sustainable school that serves our students and community.
Qualifications, Experience and Specific Duties
- Degree educated with an accounting or other professional financial qualification
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of the financial and operational roles of a medium sized organisation
- Provide strategic input
- Ability to challenge the norm and think creatively
- Understanding of company regulations and audit requirements; and ideally charity law
- Wide commercial experience
- Member of the Finance Committee and Estate Committe
- Experience of working within a Charity
- Experience of working within an educational organisation
- Experience of managing the development of capital projects
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will have substantial impact and influence at the school, serving as a critical friend to the business manager and further developing your skillset around community engagement.
Three full governing body meetings and three finance and operations meetins per year
How to apply
Please apply via the Reach Volunteering site.
Deadline: 28 May 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's