|Job Title:||General Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2018 15:14|
Focus Birmingham are looking for Trustees to join their board.
Focus Birmingham is a specialist charity providing expert support, advice and information to anyone in the Birmingham area affected by sight loss or other disabilities. And because sight loss and disability affects family, friends and carers, we will work with them too.
Uncompromising: We believe everyone deserves the chance to live a safe, happy and productive life. We find innovative ways to challenge anything or anyone who threatens that.
- To provide high quality care, support and advisory services to blind, visually impaired and disabled people in Birmingham and surrounding areas
- To work in partnership with other organisations to ensure that pathways of care and support are in place to achieve the best outcomes for people
- To provide relevant information to service users, their carers, families & friends, and professionals in the areas of sight loss and disability
- To provide advice and guidance to service users, their carers, families and friends potential service users, carers, families, friends and professionals
- To raise awareness of issues facing people with visual impairment and disabilities and support them to campaign for change when appropriate
Focus Birmingham is a Registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. Trustees, who are also Company Directors, are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity. They also have independent control over, and legal responsibility for, the charity’s management and administration.
We are interested in candidates who have one or more of the following skills:
- Social Care/NHS experience
- Business acumen
- Change management
- Commercial knowledge and experience
- IT experience and skills
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Focus Birmingham and to promoting the interests of people with visual impairment or disability
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- The ability to understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team while contributing an independent perspective
- To successfully meet the requirements around the ‘Fit & Proper Persons Test’ and ‘Duty of Candour’ as set out by the Care Quality Commission
We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
What difference will you make?
This is an exciting opportunity for new trustees to be appointed to the Board who can bring a diverse range of skills and expertise to assist the charity to develop its services.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will be part of a team that is passionate and dedicated to achieving its core objective to deliver quality services which are ‘user led’ as much as possible.
Before you apply
All applications must be submitted to TrusteeWorks in the first instance. Interested volunteers should provide a CV, together with a covering letter addressed to Julie Roberton, outlining their interest in and suitability for the role.
Closing date: 29 June 2018