|Job Title:||General Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Azanda Sithole|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2020 13:17|
How to Apply
Find out more about us at: www.care-network.org.uk Requests for further information or for an application form should be sent to
· All Trustees must be formally elected at the AGM (though the Board of Trustees can co-opt people in advance of an AGM). Election is for 3 years, after which Trustees can chose to stand for a second term. Trustees can serve a maximum of 2 consecutive terms (6 years)
· All trustees are expected to attend bi-monthly meetings and the AGM, to conduct the business of the organisation.
- New Trustees will undergo induction, to meet staff and familiarise themselves with the work of Care Network Cambridgeshire.
- Trustees are required to have refresher training every three years (minimum) and attended any other relevant training necessary to support delivery of their role as required
- All Trustee are required to be DBS checked.
- Each candidate for election is asked to prepare a statement about themselves, their experience, and special interests or expertise to be shared with members prior to the AGM at which that candidate is standing for election.
Statutory Duties of Trustees
· Ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit:
Make sure that the charity is carrying out the purposes for which it is set up, and no other purpose.
· Comply with the charity’s governing document and the law
· Act in the charity’s best interests
· Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
· Act with reasonable care and skill
· Ensure the charity is accountable
The Role of a Trustee
· Work with fellow trustees and Leadership to shape the charity’s strategy
· Prepare for and participate fully in board meetings
· Act reasonably in decision making of the organisation
· Appreciate the finer relationship nuances of being a trustee compared to that of an employee of the organisation
· Use any specific skills, knowledge or experience you have to help the board of trustees reach quick and sound decisions by leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on in which you hold special expertise
· Promote the work of the Care Network Cambridgeshire externally
· Participate in sub-committees as required and relevant to individual skills and experience
· Manage risks with a considered, proportionate and balanced approach
· Support the charity’s CEO and Leadership Team
Trustee Person Specification
· Is committed to the organisation and has sufficient time and willingness to contribute effectively to board proceedings
· Is able to work effectively as a member of a team
· Is willing to speak up and can remain independent of any influence from another organisation or individual
· Is able to make quick and sound decisions based on an analysis of information presented to them
· Has a passion for the voluntary sector and social action
· Can manage risks with a balanced and informed approach
· Has experience and an understanding of strategy development
· Has a reasonable level of understanding of legal, financial, audit and other regulatory requirements of a charity
· Is aware of developments in the voluntary sector and has areas of interest relating to Care Network Cambridgeshire’s areas of activity