7 days ago
About the opportunity
Computer Aid International, the leading ICT4D charity, seeks a fundraising specialist to join our Trustee Board. We work to bring technology to areas which are lacking in access, educational resources and infrastructure. Our new Trustee will have experience in fundraising, enthusiasm for our mission and a willingness to commit time and energy to the role. We are seeking a creative and entrepreneurial thinker with a collaborative working style. An understanding of, and good connections within the tech community would be an advantage.
About Computer Aid International
Computer Aid transforms lives through ICT. We provide low cost solutions using ICT to fight poverty and discrimination and our work in underpinned by a deep commitment to human rights and protecting the environment. We believe that access to quality education and 21st century skills are the route out of poverty and increased life expectancy. Used innovatively information and communications technologies can spur growth and enhance personal achievement.
What are they looking for?
In addition to the duties of Trusteeship, we are looking for a fundraising specialist to:
• Assist in securing additional funding and the diversification of funding sources
• Support fundraising activities
• Act as an ambassador for Computer Aid, representing the organisation
• Feedback on this area to the Trustee Board, and ensure that Trustees are aware of any external fundraising activity
• Provide advice or assistance to the Director as needed on all matters relating to the charity’s fundraising Person Specification Qualities, skills and experience
Other general responsibilities would include reading board papers, contributing to discussions on key issues, supporting strategic planning, helping to connect the charity with potential new partners and supporters and contributing on other issues on which you have special expertise.
Our Ideal Candidate would show:
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
• Previous experience, skills and expertise in fundraising
• Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
• Direct experience in a fundraising and/or marketing role working in the public, corporate or charity sector
• The capacity to meet the anticipated time commitment and willingness to get involved in between Trustee meetings. As a small charity, we need a Trustee who can do some 'hands-on' work as well as high-level strategy
• Integrity and good, independent judgement
• An understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a Trustee
We welcome applications from people of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds who have the skills and experience to help strengthen and diversify our Board
This is an opportunity to support and shape the work of Computer Aid International and you can make a significant difference to our mission.
As a Trustee, you will be working closely with a passionate team of people who have a range of experience and perspectives.
You will be asked to play a lead role in helping to diversify our funding base, including to help us design and implement a corporate fundraising strategy (including donations, gifts, sponsorship and CSR) and/or increased individual and/or major donor giving.
The anticipated minimum time commitment would be approximately one day every other month (including attendance at Board meetings) but the role would allow for an increased time contribution if possible.
What difference will you make?
Computer Aid International has helped create 1 billion hours of access to technology. We want to continue our mission and bring access and learning to areas where it is needed most.
What's in it for the volunteer?
As well as providing an opportunity to support and shape the work and strategic direction of CAI and to make a significant difference to our mission, it also provides an opportunity to work as part of a small but highly committed Board of Trustees bringing together significant expertise and experience.
To apply, please write a short cover letter about how you think you could help us and why you’re interested in the role and email it to email@example.com
To learn more about the work we do visit our website: www.computeraid.org