Fundraising Trustee - Stratford Literary Festival
|Job Title:||Fundraising Trustee - Stratford Literary Festival|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Stratford Literary Festival|
|Contact Name:||Stacey Bennett|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2021 15:26|
Stratford Literary Festival
Stratford Literary Festival is looking to recruit a new Fundraising Trustee to help us grow income to support the Festival, a charity based in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Who we are
Stratford Literary Festival was established in 2008 and became a charity in 2015. As well as running live book-related events for all ages in spring and autumn, we also offer year-round outreach work in schools, prisons and the community, promoting the benefits of reading and writing on life chances, well-being and literacy.
The Fundraising Trustee will:
• Bring a fresh perspective to fundraising plans and strategy
• Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and with other Trustees and to ensure effective income generation is being achieved• Contribute knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies
• Network on behalf of the charity to solicit funds on a peer-to-peer basis
• Be an active champion of the organisation
• Build relationships with potential corporate partners, high net-worth individuals and other key influencers to secure sponsorship and grants
As a Trustee you will play an important wider role in bringing together the different parts of the charity into a shared approach. This means developing a long-term strategic approach looking three, five or ten years ahead.
his is a voluntary role.
There is a minimum of 4 meetings per year which take place in Stratford-upon-Avon.The Stratford Literary Festival is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to be fully representative of the population and communities it serves in its governance and operations.
You should possess attributes, skills/experience in the following areas:
• Fundraising for a charitable or non-governmental non-profit organisation:
• A commitment to the charity’s aims, objectives and values
• Fundraising/income-generation knowledge
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the responsibilities of a Trustee
• An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission requirements, relevant legislation and statutory requirements
• An understanding of the challenges facing small UK charities in maximising income streams and donor cultivation
• Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be advantageous
• Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills
• Knowledge of the voluntary sector
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's