|Job Title:||Fundraising Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2020 14:41|
SWEDA are looking for an experienced fundraiser to take a lead role at Board level on the charity’s fundraising strategy.
SWEDA is a charity that exists to support anyone affected by eating disorders and this is an opportunity to become part of a team committed to lead and support this vital work. The trustee role is a key post in the charity. With your knowledge and expertise, you will support our fundraising team with good guidance and leadership to drive on our strategy. You will help the charity in its drive to diversify its income, which is paramount for our survival in these challenging times.
The trustee will contribute to the board by supporting and championing SWEDA’s fundraisers in their role ensuring everyone within the organisation understands its importance and impact.
The following skills and understanding are important to SWEDA, in seeking the most appropriate candidate:
• Fundraising/income-generation knowledge and/or business development background.
• Building positive relationships with key stakeholders, fellow trustees and staff, to achieve the organisational objectives.
• Understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice/Fundraising Regulator.
• Knowledge and skills around other income generation sources besides fundraising.
• Good, independent judgement and strategic vision.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Understanding of mental health and eating disorders.
• Commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
• Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad-hoc basis.
The most effective Boards are ones which benefit from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets. SWEDA welcomes individuals from a range of backgrounds, including those who have had experience of eating disorders themselves or someone close to them.
5 board meetings per annum with specific sub-committees outside of this time which range between 2 – 4 times. Ad-hoc advice required. Please see candidate pack for more details.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills and experience would add value to the board.