|Job Title:||Fundraising Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2020 11:13|
The only dedicated, independent, anti-poverty, housing advice and homelessness prevention charity based in Kettering, Northamptonshire.
Can you bring your fundraising expertise to our board and help us in our vital work with people affected by homelessness? You will be part of a regenerating charity with a key role in the town focused on alleviating poverty locally.
Main responsibilities of the Fundraising Trustee
We have identified that our organisation will particularly benefit from a trustee on the board having fundraising skills and you will also contribute to strengthening the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, our financial health and developing our aims, objectives and goals.
- Assist the Board to see the bigger picture and bring a fresh perspective to fundraising plans and strategy.
- Advise in the development and implementation of an integrated fundraising plan that is of high quality.
- Support staff to broaden awareness of the charity’s values, priorities and impact to contribute to the sustainability of the charity.
What are we looking for?
- Fundraising/income-generation knowledge.
- Commitment to Accommodation Concern’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Knowledge around the issue of homelessness.
- Experience of working within the charity, voluntary or public sector
- An understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice.
We are fully committed to increasing the diversity of our board and to this end we want to recruit people with different skills, life experiences and from different backgrounds. We would especially welcome applications from those who have experienced homelessness in any form or are from an ethnic minority background.
A more diverse board will:
- understand better the needs of all sections of the community
- offer a broader range of perspectives about issues
- be more creative in generating ideas and solutions
- improve decision making.
The board currently meets monthly but will shortly change to every other month. Meetings are held on Wednesdays at 6pm.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach TrusteeWorks in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board.