|Job Title:||Fundraising Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2019 15:28|
Reach Volunteering are working with Northmoor Community Association, who are seeking a new Fundraising Trustee to join their friendly and committed board to help with fundraising activities and explore new opportunities.
Being a trustee at Northmoor Community Association will provide you an opportunity to have a profound impact on an organisation that has the needs of the community at its heart.
We are a learning organisation, whose main objective is to meet the needs of the community in Longsight. You will join a collaborative and open team and contribute with your skills and experience to keep our high standards of service and commitment to our clients. We have been awarded a PQASSO quality assurance mark, which is a great achievement for a small organisation such as ourselves.
- To assist the Board to see the bigger picture; bring a fresh perspective to fundraising plans and strategy, support the organisation’s fundraising activities
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with senior staff to ensure effective income generation is being achieved.
- Contributing knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, understanding results and approving budgets with real insight.
- Carry out risk assessment at every fundraising stage, especially when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies.
- Network on behalf of the charity to solicit funds on a peer to peer basis.
- Be an active champion of the organisation.
- Build relationships with potential corporate partners and other key influencers
- Encourage an entrepreneurial fundraising culture and assess the cost benefit ratio of each planned type of fundraising.
- Someone with fundraising/income-generation knowledge and/or business development background
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice
The Board meets at 6 times a year for 1 1/2 hours in the evening (6.30pm-8pm) and one AGM.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, the skills and experience you would bring to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's