about 1 month ago
Reach Volunteering is working with East Northants Faith Group (ENFG) in the recruitment of a new Fundraising Trustee to join their Board.
ENFG seeks to serve those most at need within our local community. Based in Rushden, East Northamptonshire, the organisation supports those experiencing poverty and associated issues, such as homelessness and addiction.
We aim to deliver services that help services users take ownership of their lives, by identifying the reasons people are at disadvantage and offering a chance for them to move on with their lives. The Charity’s mission is “To enable disadvantaged people to live independent and fulfilled lives”
The organisation operates under the name East Northants Community Services (ENCS) and is currently governed by a board of five trustees and has 12 staff members.
Your experience and knowledge of fundraising will help our charity to continue growing and becoming more strategic in its fundraising activities for the future. We also have ambitious plans to expand our services. For example, we are planning to move our night shelter to new premises and we will need someone to assist with the process of determining the most cost effective options along with the other trustees.
The main income sources for the Charity are Housing Benefit (£190,000 in 2018), grants (£59,000) and donations (£17,000). Within its Business Plan the Charity plans to reduce its dependence on Housing Benefit and large donations by increasing the number of regular small donors.
The fundraising trustee will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the fund raising activities of the Charity and to develop the fundraising strategy in line with its Business Plan.
- Chair the internal Fund Raising Committee which raises typically £3,000 each year through small events such as used clothes sales, Christmas dinner, annual raffle, sponsored events etc.
- Ensure that all grants and donations are acknowledged with a letter of thanks.
- Lead applications for grants
- Establish networks for identifying grant and donation opportunities.
- Coordinate and occasionally deliver presentations to local groups and organisations who support the Charity on its work and achievements.
The fundraising trustee will bring the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fundraising experience
- Experience with grant applications
- Understanding of accounting
- Competent use of IT skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience as a Trustee
- Affinity with the Christian ethos of ENFG
The time commitment for this role involves attending 1 monthly board meeting (normally lasting 2 hours) and an estimated 15 hours a month.
How to apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.