|Job Title:||Fundraising trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||April 20, 2021 12:49|
Mothers for Mothers are looking for a new Trustee with fundraising experience to join their board.
This is an exciting time to join Mothers for Mothers. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary next year and we are looking to bring in some new ideas and initiatives on board, to ensure the provision of ours services continue for another 40 years.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an organisation supporting women and families affected by perinatal mental illness (PNI) across Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
Your skills and experience will add immense value to our Board, as we continue supporting Mothers for Mothers with efficient strategic insight, having a direct impact on the lives of mothers experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Oversee fundraising and to make sure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways.
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall organisation strategy and to work with senior fundraising staff to ensure effective income generation is being achieved.
- Contributing knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies, understanding results and approving budgets with real insight.
- Support carrying out risk assessment when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies.
- Network on behalf of the charity to solicit funds.
- Support and encourage the fundraising team in their work and to design and facilitate the organisation’s approach to fundraising.
- Be an active champion of the organisation.
- Encourage an entrepreneurial fundraising culture and assess the cost benefit ratio of each planned type of fundraising.
Essential qualities and experience:
- Someone with fundraising/income-generation knowledge and/or business development background or having run a medium size business.
- A good understanding of fundraising, an ability to monitor progress and hold fundraisers to account and to ask the right questions about fundraising strategy and implementation.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, Companies House requirements, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
Board meetings take place quarterly usually lasting 2 hours in the evenings. Trustees should be available on an ad-hoc basis to support CEO and Staff.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's