18 days ago
CRASAC are looking for a new Trustee with experience in fundraising to help us develop corporate partnerships and bring in potential new opportunities of income generation.
About us CRASAC
CRASAC exists to address the trauma and injustice of sexual violence and abuse through the provision of specialist services and to promote the needs and voices of victims and survivors through training and awareness raising.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us grow as an organisation that provides vital services for victims of rape and sexual abuse in Coventry.
The Fundraising Trustee will:
• Oversee and support the development of the overall fundraising strategy, whilst taking a lead on managing and cultivating corporate relationships
• Work alongside the management team and the Board to create innovative ideas to gain funds
• Support visits from funders and build relationships with funders
• Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors
Trustees’ role and responsibilities
Those who serve on Board of Trustees of CRASAC have duties, responsibilities and liabilities under both Company Law as Directors and under Charity law as Trustees.
The core duties of a Trustee are:
- To ensure that CRASAC complies with its governing document (i.e. Articles of Association), Charity Law, Company Law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To formulate and approve strategic goals to ensure CRASAC pursues its Charitable Objects
- To ensure CRASAC adopts and observes policies which ensure that resources are applied exclusively in pursuance of its Objects
In exercising these duties:
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to CRASAC setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and ethos of CRASAC.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of CRASAC and aim for best practice and good governance, including in relation to succession planning.
- To ensure the financial stability and protection of funds and assets of CRASAC.
- To protect and manage the property of the Charity and to ensure the proper investment of the Charity’s funds.
- To establish and maintain effective, appropriate and positive management relations with the staff and volunteers.
- To use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Executive Committee reach sound and robust decisions.
- To participate in and encourage performance reviews of the Board and its governance structures.
• Previous experience of fundraising, preferably in the charitable/community sector or sales/business development experience
• Drive and ambition to help us develop our financial sustainability by diversification of our funding streams
• A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to duties as a Trustee.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Integrity and a commitment to CRASAC and its objectives.
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship.
• Good, independent judgement
• Good networking skills.
• An ability to think creatively.
• Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
• Willingness to effectively and diplomatically challenge others when necessary.
• An ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Experience or background as an entrepreneur and/or in business development
Please note, given the current make up of our board we are only accepting applications from women at this time.
We are also keen to increase representation on our board. We would especially welcome applications from people from a variety of ethnic minority backgrounds and younger people.
An induction process is in place to ensure new Trustees feel welcome and informed.
The board meets 4 times a year on a weekday evening between 6-8pm and holds an AGM once a year. Active participation in the Fundraising subgroup.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Reach Volunteering. In your cover letter please include why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience would add value.