23 days ago
Guide Dogs is a charity which provides a wide range of services to support blind and partially sighted children and adults.
We’re here to help people with sight loss live the life they choose. Children and adults. Friends and family. Whoever you are, our expert staff, volunteers and life-changing dogs are here to help you: live actively, live independently, live well.
Every six minutes in the UK, approximately one more person loses their sight. Every day, 250 more people join the two million people already living with sight loss. And this number is set to double by 2050.
On a daily basis our work transforms the lives of many people, helping them to lead lives of independence and freedom and we wouldn’t be able to do this without the support and dedication of our incredible volunteers who give their time in a large number of different roles.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining accurate records of all income and expenditure by the Group.
- To assign correct Guide Dogs banking codes to all donations.
- To bank all funds donated to Guide Dogs promptly.
- To complete and issue receipts to donors.
- Attend Group meetings and advise members current levels of income and expenditure
- Monitor levels of expenditure, ensuring prompt claims for reimbursement of the Float Account.
- Ensure that the Float Account does not become overdrawn.
- Apply for soft credits and gift aid via your local Community Team.
- Maintaining records of where Guide Dogs Counter Top Boxes and life sized dogs are placed locally - working with your Group’s Collecting Box Co-Ordinator(s) and submitting the list by December 31st of each year to the Community Fundraiser
- To respond to requests made by Guide Dogs Finance department.
- Keeping Group fiscal records for 6 years in accordance with HMRC guidelines and to ensure that all Group records are available for the Community Fundraiser, Group members or any other independent examiner as requested by Guide Dogs.
What are we looking for?
Experience of book keeping/ Accounting/ Financial Management.
- Basic maths skills
- Confidence handling cash
- Able to carry money to undertake the banking of funds.
- Enjoys responsibility
- To be reliable and trustworthy
- Likes to work with other people in a team
- Able to use email and spreadsheets
Time required: up to 3 hours per week