Fundraising and Marketing Trustee
|Job Title:||Fundraising and Marketing Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 16:00|
Root & Branch in Oxfordshire is looking for a new trustee with fundraising and/or marketing & communications expertise to strengthen their friendly, collaborative and caring board.
Root and Branch helps adults with mental health difficulties through therapeutic gardening and rural crafts. At our beautiful location on an organic farm people find a peaceful sanctuary, regain confidence, learn skills and are supported to make the next step or return to work.
What will you be doing?
The board of trustees hold the overall responsibility for the continuation and development of the charity. As a small charity we rely on the care and expertise of the board and your fundraising and / or marketing skills will help strengthen this already thriving organisation.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, friendly, caring and experienced team. As a small charity we are closely involved with the front line work and constantly made aware of how much difference Root and Branch makes in improving people's lives.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Successful track record in marketing and/or fundraising.
- Knowledge of digital or social media.
- Having a network of local and wider contacts and the ability to grow that network and to develop Root & Branch’s profile.
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of the challenges facing small charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- An understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- The Board meets monthly – usually on the 2nd Tuesday from 6.30-8.30pm.
- Attendance at the AGM.
- Occasional availability to provide guidance and advice to staff members is appreciated.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board