14 days ago
Getting on Board & Cadence Partners
VOICES, a survivor-led domestic abuse charity are seeking a qualified accountant (or QBE, qualified by experience) or finance professional for the role of Financial Trustee / Treasurer, who cares about our mission and helping VOICES develop.
You will experience being involved in a very exciting new chapter of VOICES' history and the expansion of our services, as part of a strong and vibrant Trustee Board.
You will play a key role in making change possible. The role will give you the opportunity to employ your expertise for the benefit of our clients, as victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
We are a Bath-based charity founded in 2014 by women who have experienced Domestic Abuse. We provide peer support and recovery programmes specifically for women who are experiencing or have experienced Domestic Abuse.
VOICES is a platform which enables the voices of victims and survivors to inform and improve service provision, in response to their needs.
What we do:
- Provide community-based recovery and empowerment programmes for women with experience of domestic abuse: The Freedom Programme and MATES Social Group.
- Provide a therapeutic and welcoming space for survivors to meet and support one another.
- Provide 1 to 1 advice and counselling.
- Offer bespoke training and consultation based on survivor insights, to professionals and organisations.
- Raise awareness of the nature and impacts of domestic abuse, and of the needs of survivors and their families.
The skills and experience we're looking for:
You will need an accountancy qualification, and we are also looking for someone who can demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Some experience or knowledge of charity finance, risk, fundraising and pension schemes.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences; willingness to be available to management to provide advice and guidance on financial matters.
- Commitment and availability to attend trustee board meetings; effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of local needs and resources; commitment to the aims, principles and policies of VOICES, including those relating to equal opportunities, independence and policy influence.
- Willingness and ability to act in the best interests of VOICES:
- Lived experience of any of the issues we address as part of the impact of domestic abuse, including: benefit issues; homelessness; debt; ill-health; disability; discrimination and/or employment problems.*This is not seen by VOICES as a concern but rather as an additional resource and source of insight.
Could you offer something in this role?
Please send your current comprehensive CV and a supporting statement illustrating the 'technical' skills and experience you could offer in this role, and the broader outlook you have that could assure this organisation is fit-for-purpose to support other domestic abuse survivors.