|Job Title:||Finance Volunteer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Dami Omole|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 16:53|
GlobalGirl Media UK are looking for a volunteer accountant. GlobalGirl Media UK (GGM UK) empowers young women, especially those from disadvantaged communities, through digital media training, to bring their voices to the global media stage. We give girls the tools and confidence to make content from their own powerful perspectives – changing the imbalanced media landscape.
The role is voluntary, offering great flexibility to fit around your personal/work life with majority of the position being home based, with occasional meetings being held.
* Supporting the Programme Manager with overseeing the strategic financial management of the charity to ensure that GGM UK achieves a financially sustainable position and builds appropriate reserves;
* Supporting the Programme Manager with overseeing and presenting budgets, internal management accounts and annual financial statements to trustees;
* Supporting the Trustees’ in their duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled, invested and economically spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements;
* Supporting the Programme Manager with the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost‐management and investment policies;
* Liaising, where applicable, with the appropriate member of staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation;
* Monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the charity;
* Supporting the Programme Manager with the implementation of and monitoring specific financial controls and adherence to systems;
* Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan;
* Overseeing the charity’s financial risk‐management process;
* Board‐level liaison with the external auditors on specific issues such as the Auditors’ Management Letter and the related board representations.
About GlobalGirl Media UK
GGM UK empowers young women, aged 14 to 22, from disadvantaged backgrounds through digital journalism and media training to provide them with opportunities and a platform, bringing their powerful perspectives to the global media stage. The disadvantages the girls face might be financial (living in lower-income households or/and being NEET), based on their ethnicity, race, religion, disability, refugee status, mental health issues, or gender identity.
What are they looking for?
GGM UK are seeking someone with appropriate skills and experience:
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
* Knowledge of charity SORP.
* Competent use of IT skills.
* Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
* Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
* Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
FINANCE VOLUNTEER @ Charity Providing Education in African Refugee Camps
Voluntary Treasurer Position
Honourary Treasurer - volunteer
0 - 0
Volunteer Sea Scouts Treasurer
0 - 0
VOLUNTEER TREASURER @ INGO Using Film To Empower Local Communities
Voluntary Trustee Position
Financial Risk Assessor - Global’s Make Some Noise Grants Panel Volunteer
Volunteer - Expenses paid