|Job Title:||Finance Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Pina Ruscigno|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2021 13:55|
Finance Trustee role description
We are looking for a Finance Trustee to support the Board to oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice, the Articles of Association and legal requirements, and report to the Board at regular intervals about the financial position of the charity.
- Engaging in strategic & financial planning.
- Liaise with the CEO (or other appropriate member of staff) and support on financial matters
- Support the Board to monitor the financial viability of the charity.
- Create in conjunction with relevant senior staff sound financial processes and procedures for the control of the charity’s assets.
- Advise on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan.
- Review the annual accounts in liaison with the Director of Finance and Operations
- Ensure close working relationships with the internal Finance Department and Finance committee.
- Ensure that sound financial management is maintained and ensure expenditure is in line with the charity’s objects.
- Ensure that the organisation has an appropriate reserves policy
- Ensure annual audit is conducted and all the regulatory requirements are complied on a timely manner
- Up to date knowledge and experience of finance practice relevant to small /medium charities, including the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Values enterprising, collaborative and delivery-minded behaviours.
- Integrity, independence of thought and judgement, being prepared when necessary to make unpopular recommendations.
- Ability to work well as a team member and values diversity in all forms.
- Recognisable accounting qualification.
- 5 years charity sector experience.
The Board meets quarterly (currently on alternate months until March 2022) on the last Wednesday from 6.00 – 8.00pm in East London. Board members may be asked to commit additional time to support staff recruitment, review tenders and share expertise.
Board members with Finance experience will also join the Finance Sub Committee, subject to approval by the Board. This currently meets on alternate months but will meet quarterly from April 2022.
The agenda and papers are usually emailed to each Trustee a week before to give you plenty of time to read them.
Travel expenses can be reimbursed.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION PACK FOR MORE INFORMATION