11 days ago
Reading Almshouse Charity are looking for a Finance Trustee with experience in finance and to support the Treasurer. No bookkeeping or accounts preparation is required.
Reading Almshouse Charity (‘RAC’) helps people in housing need, who have resided within 20 miles of St Mary’s Church, Reading, for at least three years at some time before applying to the Charity for accommodation, and who are of good character. RAC has 104 flats which are licensed at the equivalent of affordable rents (80% of market rents)
What will you be doing?
- Scrutinise monthly invoices, including checking the account numbers of the payee.
- Authorise monthly online payments as set up by the Treasurer.
- Access bank accounts and be able to set up payments in the absence of the Clerk
- Be able to access and understand the accounting system.
- After the accounting year end (30 September), be involved with meetings with the auditors and the Treasurer to answer queries & agree wording of the accounts.
- Meet with bankers (Handelsbanken) to go through cash flow forecasts, budgets & annual accounts.
- Authorise pay increases & bonuses to our payroll provider.
- Support the Treasurer as and when she asks.
What are we looking for?
Experience as an accountant who can:
- Assist with formulating and delivering the organisation’s strategic aims
- Be an active member of the Trustee body in exercising its responsibilities and functions and be part of a harmonious and collegial Board
- Maintain a collaborative and supportive relationship with senior managerial staff
- Fulfil such other duties as may from time to time be required by the Board
- Possess a strong interest in, and commitment to, the vision and values of the organisation, and its future development.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Rewarding opportunity to work in a successful and caring team, who do good.
Monthly: two payment runs. Annually: 4-5 trustees meetings; audit support; interface with bankers
Before you apply
Applications are via the Reach Volunteering platform.
Deadline: 10 Jan 2022
Interviews: 21 January 2022.