Peter Edwards, Chair of Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell
15 days ago
Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell
You will contribute to securing the financial health and viability of an influential and well respected local charity. The role of the Treasurer and the Finance Committee is to ensure that:
- budgets, accounts and financial statements are presented to the Board as required.
- the financial resources of the charity meet its present and future needs.
- appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- the charity has appropriate reserves and investment policies.
- the accounts are prepared and published in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies.
- the Board is kept fully informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
You will be an important part of this team. With an eye to succession planning, we are also looking for candidates who may be prepared to take over the Treasurer role at some future date.
Strong candidates will have a background in or good understanding of financial administration and budget management in the charity, private or public sectors, coupled with the following skills, qualities, knowledge and experience:
- Financial qualifications and senior experience.
- Understanding of charity finance and income generation.
- Ability to monitor internal financial controls.
- Skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Preparedness to advise the Board on the appropriate financial strategy of the charity
- Understanding of the financial challenges facing the charity sector
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and exercise good, independent judgement
- Willingness to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service, including those relating to equal opportunities
You will strengthen the Board’s financial governance and improve its support to the organisation. As one of our trustees your contribution will help to ensure that the organisation is run and governed effectively and that it’s well equipped to provide advice and information to clients.
Working together as a team, our trustees are responsible for guiding and governing the organisation, ensuring that it’s doing what it was set up to do, complying with the law and using funds responsibly and prudently. You will feel that you are making a difference by strengthening our charity’s financial governance
The Trustee Board and its Finance Committee meet quarterly during the day time. There will be some other occasional meetings at the charity’s office.