about 1 month ago
Reading Almshouse Charity
- Assist with formulating and delivering the organisation’s strategic aims
- Be an active member of the Trustee body in exercising its responsibilities and functions and be part of a harmonious and collegial Board
- Maintain a collaborative and supportive relationship with senior managerial staff
- Fulfil such other duties as may from time to time be required by the Board
- Possess a strong interest in, and commitment to, the vision and values of the organisation, and its future development
- Scrutinise monthly invoices, including checking the account numbers of the payee.
- Authorise monthly online payments as set up by the Treasurer.
- Access bank accounts and be able to set up payments in the absence of the Clerk
- Be able to access and understand the accounting system.
- After the accounting year end (30 September), be involved with meetings with the auditors and the Treasurer to answer queries & agree wording of the accounts.
- Meet with bankers (Handelsbanken) to go through cash flow forecasts, budgets & annual accounts.
- Authorise pay increases & bonuses to our payroll provider.
- Support the Treasurer as and when she asks.
No bookkeeping or accounts preparation is required.