|Job Title:||Finance Trustee|
|Location:||Letchworth Garden City|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Jacqueline English|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2021 15:14|
We are looking to recruit a voluntary trustee with specialist knowledge in financial issues, preferably gained in the charity sector.
Who we are
BHIVA is the leading UK association representing professionals in HIV care. Since 1995, we havebeen committed to providing excellent care for people living with and affected by HIV. BHIVA is a national advisory body on all aspects of HIV care and we provide a national platform for HIVcare issues. Our representatives contribute to international, national and local committeesdealing with HIV care. In addition, we promote undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education within HIV care.
We are looking for a finance specialist to provide advice and guidance to the Executive Committee and Honorary Treasurer. Our Executive Committee oversees the work of the Association and its subcommittees. BHIVA is particularly concerned to make sure that budgeting arrangements are efficient, as well as being ethical and environmentally sensitive.Securing the long-term financial future of the Association is imperative.
Are you the right candidate?
We need a new voluntary trustee member with specialist knowledge in financial issues, preferably including in the charity sector. You should demonstrate:
- An appreciation of charity fundraising principles and practices
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of issues relating to UK voluntary sector organisations
- Experience as an effective contributor to committee work, with sufficient time to give to the role (estimated at 8 hours per quarter)
- The ability to think strategically about the financial issues relating to BHIVA, with sufficient expertise and weight to act as an effective and independent adviser to the Executive Committee on those issues
People living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply. BHIVA is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage applications from communities in the UK who are particularly affected by HIV.
The initial appointment will be for three years, renewable for a further three years by agreement. The position is unpaid but reasonable expenses will be met.
As a trustee, you will have:
- Induction, training and reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Influence to shape innovative projects
- The chance to improve the health and wellbeing of those effected by HIV and HIV related illnesses
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's