|Job Title:||Finance Trustee|
|Salary:||While the role is honorary and unpaid, reasonable, necessary expenses will be reimbursed.|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2021 08:58|
Rewilding Britain – Finance Trustee Role
We want to see rewilding flourishing across Britain, reconnecting us with the natural world, sustaining communities and tackling the species extinction crisis and climate emergency. We want to live in a world where we face up to the scale of destruction we’re heaping on this Earth, put an end to further degradation and start to recover what we’ve lost.
Rewilding is the large-scale restoration of ecosystems to the point where nature can take care of itself. It has a vital role to play in the challenges we face. In the world we want to see, we all recognise and take responsibility for this. We all understand that we’re part of nature and not separate from it, that we can only thrive if nature thrives.
The world we want to see is one of hope.
Rewilding Britain is at an exciting stage of its development. We're a small but growing charity, with just over six full-time equivalent staff and a strong, committed and experienced group of eight trustees.
As part of our succession planning, we are seeking a strategic trustee, with relevant experience of charity finance and the potential to take over from our excellent, long-standing Treasurer when they reach the end of their term. The role will involve becoming an integral part of the Finance and Operations Committee, taking a significant role in financial and risk management and supporting the financial governance of the charity.
What can you bring?
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for rewilding and the natural world and in particular has:
- Significant knowledge of charity finances, the Charities SORP and the Charity Commission's / OSCR’s requirements.
- A professional and recognised accountancy qualification and/or relevant financial management experience in the corporate /voluntary sector.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide leadership and advice on financial matters affecting the charity in line with good practice.
- A proven understanding of finance and risk management.
- Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees, perhaps already in a Treasurer role.
- Experience of working with small organisations going through rapid growth.
- A collaborative approach to working with trustees, staff and partner organisations.
- Ability to contribute up to one to two days a month, including four one-day trustee meetings a year, usually in London, plus a two-day review meeting/field trip.
- We are committed to equal opportunities and are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented on the board and the wider environment movement.
What you can expect
- Participation in a stimulating, rapidly changing and vital field that aims to have a major impact on the UK’s biodiversity and rural economy and contribute towards efforts to combat climate change.
- The opportunity to make a real difference for people and nature by helping the overall governance of the organisation.
- The opportunity to work with other trustees and senior managers to shape the strategy and development of a young organisation.
In addition to the formal meeting requirements, we hope that trustees become actively involved with wider endeavours as committed supporters of our aims and ambitions.
Length of appointment
The term of appointment will be three years, with the possibility to extend for a further term.
While the role is honorary and unpaid, reasonable, necessary expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply
If you feel that you can bring fresh excitement and passion to the future vision of the charity, and can offer us the skills and experience in finance we're looking for, please email your CV and a supporting statement in a word format to email@example.com as an initial expression of interest.
For more information, or an informal, confidential discussion about these roles, please use the same email address and we can arrange to contact you.
Application deadline - 3 September 2021;
Shortlisting - 6/7/8 September 2021, response to applicants 9 September 2021;
1st interview - w/c 13 September 2021;
2nd interview - w/c 20 September 2021.