|Job Title:||Finance Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2020 14:13|
SATEDA are currently looking for a new Finance Trustee to join their existing board and are particularly interested in someone with experience in setting up and overseeing financial control processes.
The Finance Trustee will assist the strategic development of a fast growing organisation and will work closely with the CEO and the organisation’s Accountant. This is a great opportunity for someone to support the Board with their financial expertise and understanding of funding for future planning of income streams and an ability to provide advice and support to the organisation.
The Finance Trustee will have an important role in helping the organisation continue its work for the benefit of the community. SATEDA provides a journey of support for survivors of abuse and their children; in addition to delivering preventative programmes for adults and young people enabling them to recognise the signs of abuse and helping them make safe choices in their relationships.
- The ideal candidate would have a financial/business background ideally in a small organisation and will be particularly knowledgeable about financial control processes
- Ability to deal with the challenges of managing funding and long term planning
- Have an understanding of the charity sector
- Commitment to the organisation
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities of being a Trustee
- Experience of being a trustee is ideal but not essential
Board meetings are every 8-10 weeks during working hours and one day away. There are subcommittees the trustee can join voluntarily. The board meetings normally take place at the main office in Sittingbourne.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance.
Please provide you CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.