|Job Title:||Finance Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Chantal Savignon|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019 12:17|
Application deadline: 20th September 2019
To strengthen relationships in couples, families, communities and workplaces, using evidence based training and digital resources.
OnePlusOne helps people to build stronger relationships by equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need. Couples, work colleagues, parents and children can be happier, healthier and more successful if they learn to improve every day interactions.
Behind everything we do is the evidence base and solid research. OnePlusOne monitors relationship science across a range of sources such as primary research, data gathering and practice-based intelligence to generate knowledge and insight about relationships. Our unique research and agile innovation process is increasingly enhanced by the fact that we have developed the leading digital platform in the relationship support sector.
We put the findings of our research into practice. Our accumulated decades of knowledge is therefore essential to the delivery of high-quality, evidence-based products. Our publications, training resources and web support services, are sought after by professionals, government, local authorities and families.
OnePlusOne has helped over 4 million people with digital services since 2012. Further, as we help people to help themselves, the learning benefits continues beyond our involvement. Proven preventative solutions have also helped frontline practitioners to support families to create safe and stable environments for their children.
- To ensure that proper records of the organisation's financial transactions are kept in accordance with relevant legislation and to provide general supervision of all book keeping and accountancy functions.
- To ensure the organisation is run on a sound financial footing and to advise on all financial matters affecting the organisation.
- To review income and expenditure figures against agreed budgets and cash flow forecasts before all Trustees / Executive Committee meetings
- To be a signatory to all the organisation's bank accounts in accordance with the governing document.
- To ensure strict compliance with the organisation's financial policy as specified in the governing document and any Standing Orders.
- To advise on Charity Law and, where appropriate, Company Law relating to financial matters.
- To advise the Chairperson and Officers on effective budgeting and to oversee the production of budgets for presentation to the Trustees / Executive Committee prior to the commencement of the new financial year.
- To attend the Full Board meetings at least 4 times per year, some ad-hoc meetings / calls in-between
- To advise the Board on the maintenance of appropriate policies for reserves and investments
- To liaise with professional advisors
- To have particular regard for risk management including the maintenance of appropriate financial controls
- Keeping the board aware of its financial duties and responsibilities
- Reviewing auditor’s recommendations and ensuring they are implemented
- Being assured that the financial resources of the charity meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- Ensuring the charity has appropriate accounting procedures and controls in place
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan
- Strong understanding of accounts preferably supported by a formal qualification.
- Experience in charity accounts desired but not required.
- Strategic approach to financial planning, ability to make financial information and decision approach and relevant for a full board committee.
- Experience serving on a board, or finance or audit committee
- Strong control mindset
- Willingness to commit the time and effort required
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Willingness to take an active part in discussions
- Ability to express their own opinion in a reasoned way, while also listening to the views of others
- Ability to challenge constructively and ask questions appropriately
- Ability to influence and engage
- Ability to manage difficult and/or challenging situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on confidential and/or sensitive information
- Using knowledge and experience to help the trustees reach sound decisions
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's