Naomi Chaning Pearce
28 days ago
Jigsaw Trust wish to recruit a Finance Trustee to join our Board of Trustees
Jigsaw Trust’s aim is to improve the lives of children and adults affected by autism through the provision of high quality, accessible, educational, vocational and well-being services.
Jigsaw Trust is a registered charity that was established in 1999 by a group of parents of children diagnosed with autism. In the same year it raised enough funds to set up Jigsaw CABAS® School, opening its doors to six children. Today the school educates 68 pupils, aged 4 to 19 years.
In April 2013, the Trust was expanded to set up JigsawPlus raising additional funds to support adults with autism and related disabilities through the development of a new adult services.
In August 2013, Jigsaw Trading opened Café on the Park, our first social enterprise provision.
Why become a Trustee for Jigsaw Trust?
The role of the Trustee is essential to the strategic development of the charity. This non-executive position is a great opportunity for you to give back to the community, whilst simultaneously broadening your own knowledge. You will be working with a wide range of people who bring experiences across a variety of industry sectors and backgrounds, all working toward improving the lives of those affected by autism. The feel-good factor of this type of teamwork is not to be underestimated.
Jigsaw Trust is looking for an energetic and creative individual with expertise in financial management and strategic development.
The Finance Trustee will be one of 2 finance professionals with specific responsibility for finance. Through quarterly meetings, you will support the CEO and Head of Finance to:
- Understand, challenge and provide strategic direction from the financial position of the Trust
- Present the financial accounts to the Trustee Board
- Set the annual budget and review and support 5-year planning process
- Review the annual accounts prior to submission to the Board of Trustees, liaising, where necessary, with the auditors.
- Other support within the field of finance
In addition, as a member of the Board of Trustees, your duties will include:
- To be an active member of the Trustee Board in exercising its responsibilities and functions
- To attend meetings of Trustees, 4 times a year, usually in the evenings
- An opportunity to join another ’monitoring pair’ in an area of interest such as social enterprises or IT
For this incredibly valuable role, the ideal candidate for our Board of Trustees will be an inspiring and dedicated individual with experience and skills in these areas:
- Significant financial experience, whether gained through financial/accountancy roles or programme/general management.
- Leadership experience in a corporate environment, a background in enterprise/business development or experience of serving as a trustee of a UK registered charity.
- Excellent communicator who is comfortable working with people of all levels and backgrounds
To find out more and for an informal discussion please contact Naomi Chaning Pearce on 01483 277366. To apply please submit your interest along with a CV to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).