|Job Title:||Finance Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Jayne Kendall|
|Job Published:||August 12, 2019 12:43|
Trustees have overall control of Ponthafren and are responsible for ensuring we
The Cranfield Trust are looking to appoint a Fiance Trustee on behalf of Ponthafren Association based in Newtown.
Ponthafren began as a small support group in 1992, becoming a registered charity in 1994.
Throughout the years, Ponthafren has blossomed and helped many people.
We operate over North Powys and provide two wellness, learning and recovery centres and an outreach service, including a regular group that meet in Llanidloes trying to bring our communities together, to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health.
Ponthafren aims to: "Promote positive mental health to the people of North Powys by empowering, inspiring and educating in an inclusive, safe environment."
We do this by valuing everyone as individual, understanding that no one person is the same. We understand that you are more than your mental health issue, and hope that with the support we offer, you can overcome the barriers that you face and find a new route to your recovery, making life time achievement and friends along the way.
Trustees have overall control of Ponthafren and are responsible for ensuring we do what was set out to do. Being a Trustee means making strategic decisions that will impact others, and making sure we make a difference to our local community.
To become a trustee you must be appointed. Trustees main duties are to:
- Ensure Ponthafren is carrying out its purpose for the public benefit
- Comply with Ponthafrens governing document and the law
- Act in best interests
- Manage Ponthafrens resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Ensure Ponthafren is accountable
We at Ponthafren require our Trustees to:
- Have proven leadership skills and a number of years experience at Management level
- Have proven success in charitable fundraising or success in winning tenders from commissioning bodies
- Be able to work in partnership with other organisations
- Clear understanding of organisational finance and experience of preparing and monitoring budgets
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults
- Strong understanding of legal obligations in terms of HR, Finance and Boards of Trustees.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's