Finance Sub-Committee Co-optee
|Job Title:||Finance Sub-Committee Co-optee|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2019 13:56|
Spark Inside is pleased to offer a new co-optee role on our Finance Sub-committee for an experienced charity accountant.
This is an opportunity to be involved at board level in an innovative and expanding charity, without the full responsibilities of a Trustee.
Context for the appointment:
Spark Inside is at an exciting stage in its organisational development and growth; to enable this, it is undergoing a period of transition in the SMT. The Founder is moving on at the beginning of the new year to enable a new CEO to lead Spark Inside through the next stage of its growth. There will be a period of handover following the recruitment of the new CEO.
The role of Head of Finance has been replaced by a new role: Head of Finance and Resources. This role combines the responsibilities of the Head of Finance role with the responsibilities for HR and back office functions previously held by the Head of Finance and the CEO. The current Head of Finance, and an interim Head of HR, will be leaving at the end of October. The post-holder for the Head of Finance and Resources will start in the role at the end of September.
- As with all of our board roles, this is a voluntary position. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- The specific responsibilities of members of the Finance Committee are to:
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Finance Committee and annual Remuneration Committee
- Review budgets, accounts and financial statements, and recommend approval by the board
- Advise the board on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Conduct an ongoing review of the financial resources of the organisation by way of regular management accounts (provided by the Head of Finance and Resources) ensuring it meets its present and future needs
- Ensure that the accounts are properly audited or examined and that accepted recommendations of the auditors are implemented
- Maintain and develop own working knowledge of regulatory requirements and good practice regarding charity financial management.
- Read and comment on pages produced for Finance Committee meetings, and other occasional circulations
- Maintain good relations with staff and other stakeholders of the organisation
- Attend occasional away days and other charity events
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
(voluntary role, plus expenses paid)
Voluntary Non-executive Finance Committee Members - unremunerated
0 - 0
Deputy Honorary Treasurer, British Institute at Ankara
Internal Auditor - Volunteer
Full travel reimbursement plus meal voucher