19 days ago
This is a voluntary role, based in Cambodia for a minimum of 12 months, with a stipend of $850 per month to cover basic costs of food and accommodation. It is a unique opportunity to be involved with SeeBeyondBorders' work and to contribute to our exciting plans for the future.
The key tasks of this role are:
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Payments, accounting and cash administration
- Human Resources Support and Payroll
- Member of the leadership team with responsibility for staff management and department development across organisational support functions (finance, administration and operations).
Budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Coordinate the budget process for Cambodia with specific responsibility for setting and managing the budget for finance and office costs and assisting with setting the budget to manage organisational overheads in Cambodia.
- Manage monthly project funding requests from district offices, ensuring funds requested are in line with planned activities.
- Work closely with the Leadership team members, to generate budgets and forecasts by Project and by Program; including variance analysis.
- Generate an Annual Budget Summary for presentation to the Australian Board for approval.
- Oversee the uploading of all annual budget data into the accounting system (Xero).
- Support the finance and administrative support staff to ensure the timely and accurate input of monthly expense data.
- Generate monthly financial reports, by project and by program and coordinate finance department liaison with project managers for variance analysis
- Present monthly finance reporting data to the leadership team and handle all questions and queries.
- Coordinate finance reporting and data analysis for all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Manage the Cambodian annual audit process.
- Develop the finance and administrative functionality within SBB to improve the efficiency of budget management and reporting and HR administration.
- Developing monitoring functions that support effective program implementation, delivery and review.
Payments, accounting and cash administration
- Ensure all transactions comply with SBB finance policies and procedures.
- Oversee the prompt and accurate payment of suppliers and service providers and maintenance of accurate records of all transactions.
- Oversee the reconciliation of bank accounts, expense records, cheques, online transfers and cash payments within the accounting system.
- Complete and submit monthly tax returns to the Cambodia Revenue Authority/Tax Office.
- Generate the monthly cash transfer request for the whole of Cambodia to be sent to the CEO for authorisation.
- Review expense forms to ensure they are authorised and reconcile with requests and budget. Oversee all banking including depositing and withdrawal of cash, online banking transfers and payments, cheque writing and recording.
- Oversee petty cash requests, expenditure, receipts and reconciliation.
- Ensure appropriate controls and safeguards are implemented, and followed, to minimise the opportunities for fraud.
- Regularly review internal controls to ensure compliance and identify opportunities for improvement.
Human Resources Support
- Management responsibility for accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Oversee the time management system to ensure accurate charge-out of staff time.
- Support the director of development and country manager to develop the HR functions of SBB Cambodia.
Member of Leadership Team
- Be a proactive member of the Leadership team, sharing knowledge and experience and ensuring overall good management of SBB.
- Work in partnership with the Country Manager and other colleagues to support the delivery of SBBC’s strategic objectives.
- Assist and support foreign project team activities, as required.
- Direct line management of the financial and administrative Assistants in various SBB offices in Cambodia (paid staff and volunteers).
- Set and agree annual performance objectives and personal development plans for all staff reporting directly.
- Co-ordinate the performance reviews and appraisals of finance and administrative staff
Qualifications and experience
- Recognised finance and/or accounting qualification from an institute of higher education (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). Significant experience and working towards qualification would be an alternative.
- Ideally 5 years’ experience and strong references in a senior role reporting to financial controller.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competence in Xero, including activity code use (or similar internet based accounting software).
- Competency in Microsoft Office programmes.
- Payroll Management experience.
- Project accounting experience, ideally in a development context/NGO.
- Experience managing and training of staff.