9 days ago
Brighton West Pier Trust
West Pier Trust (WPT) Is a small charity and limited company which owns the Brighton West Pier site and the rights that attach to it.
WPT is committed through education and conservation to preserving and celebrating the history of the West Pier. We are currently working to restore and rebuild outside our seafront base, West Pier Centre, an original kiosk recovered from the pier as a permanent memory of the UK’s most beautiful pier. It will be used as a community hub for everyone to enjoy.
WPT is responsible for the remains of the pier and the management of the site and is landlord of BAi360 which is sited on the landward end of the site.
WPT’s long term aim is to build a new contemporary West Pier which complements and enhances the character of the city. For more information go to www.westpier.co.uk
WPT's f/t Chief Executive is supported by a small team of volunteer and freelance staff. The Chief Executive works to a Board of fifteen trustees.
WPT is looking for a financial accountant to the charity and trading company to maintain all financial records and bank accounts, purchase ledger, sales ledger, debt collection, payroll (outsourced to third party), liaise with bankers, auditors and stakeholders. Additionally the role includes:
- ensuring the charity has robust and effective financial controls in place
- providing advice and guidance to the Trustees on all financial matters
- ensuring compliance with all VAT, PAYE and pension regulations and payment of liabilities
- preparing annual budget including cash flow forecasts
- prepararing management accounts (periodically as required)
- preparing year end accounts for the charity to the latest Charity SORP and taking responsibility for the year-end audit in conjunction with the appointed auditors
- working with and advising the CEO on all financial matters and working closely with the Treasurer.
The work is expected to take on average around 4 hours a week.
WPT is open to discussion of the content of the j/d. For example, the bookkeeping element could be outsourced if necessary.
Applicants should be qualified accountants or qualified accountant technicians. WPT is looking to diversify and so welcomes applications from people of all ages and backgrounds. It would be advantageous but not essential for the applicant to be based in Brighton & Hove or nearby.
Please write, with a CV to Rachel Clark firstname.lastname@example.org