|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Contact Name:||Leah Waters|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 22:21|
The Henderson Hub is a vibrant charity, running a creative space in the centre of Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, which offers local people access to space to socialise, create and be inspired through visual and performing arts.
Volunteer run and managed, we are reliant on a team of dedicated people who support the charity to operate a hall for hire, run a wide range of arts events for the community, and operate a social space acting as a coffee shop (open six days a week) and bar. More information on who we are and what we do can be found on our website at www.henderson-hub.org.uk
In order to more effectively manage our finance function, and provide support to our volunteer book-keeper, we are seeking to recruit a part-time Finance Manager (c. four days p/month) to ensure the overall effective financial management and reporting for the Henderson Hub. You will be able to work independently, have strong communication skills and have a commitment to the aims of the Henderson Hub. Whilst you can work from home, the role requires that you are able to attend occasional meetings at the Henderson Hub in Abbots Langley, including on weekday, daytimes.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (no more than two pages) setting out why you are interested in this role, and what skills and experience you bring to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 February 2019.
Main purpose of the role: To ensure the overall effective financial management and reporting for the Henderson Hub.
1. Support the Finance Volunteer through weekly catch ups, solving any issues which arise.
2. Complete weekly transactional reviews and monthly reconciliations on Quickbooks.
3. Provide support for Management Committee members, including support with transactional
questions and managing functional budgets.
4. Plan and manage the organisation’s monthly cash flow.
5. Provide accurate and timely management information to the board and analyse the
performance of the organisation’s revenue streams.
6. Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in annual budget proposals.
7. Work with external advisers and ensure statutory annual accounts are prepared for
consideration by the board.
8. Work with external advisers to ensure accurate records are maintained to meet external legal and tax requirements, additionally ensure all required financial reports are delivered in a timely way.
9. Ensure the efficient management of outsourced services for payroll and pensions.
- Ability to work independently and manage own time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to summarise information and present this in clear and compelling way
- Experience in the preparation, monitoring and reporting of budget and financial
- A willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the organisation
- Awareness of company secretarial, legal and tax issues relating to companies and ideally
- Qualified Accountant
- Charity accounting qualification OR Experience in the financial management of a Charity
- Experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's