Finance Charity Trustee
|Job Title:||Finance Charity Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Munnery|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2018 11:04|
Appointment of Trustee (with finance background)
The Centre is looking for a new Trustee(s) ideally with relevant finance & accounting knowledge to strengthen the current governance team. The role is not limited to those who have been in professional accountancy roles as a full-time position. This is a voluntary post although certain expenses are available and the successful candidate will be expected to make a flexible commitment of their time each month to oversee accounting and financial matters and attend the monthly board meetings.
The Lancashire Outdoor Activities Initiative is a thriving regional charity whose mission is to encourage the beneficial use of the outdoor environment, particularly young people and community groups, through participation in a growing range of water and land based residential and day visit outdoor learning activities. Operations are currently primarily based at the Anderton Centre with sole access to the Lower Rivington Reservoir, near Chorley in Lancashire. The Centre boasts an up to date 70 bed accommodation wing, excellent conferencing and training facilities plus a wonderful lakeside frontage with boathouse. The Centre now hosts over 11,000 visits per year with guests taking part in a wide range of outdoor activities, team personal development and other high-quality training programmes.
Responsibilities of the role
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources appropriately in pursuance of its objectives.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees' role in giving financial strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity's funds
How to apply
If you are interested in being considered please call Christopher Munnery, Trustee – Human Resources, in the first instance, for an initial discussion on 07901 512573 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's